Sunday, January 08, 2012

Brooks Once More

In 2009, I bought my first pair of Brooks shoes, Adrenaline GTS 9 at S$135. (No, the crappy army pair doesn't count. SAF credit points certainly don't count as money anyway).

Fast forward to two years later, I've decided to retire the well-worn pair. It had served me well in achieving IPPT silvers and gold.

As usual, it was off to Queensway Shopping Centre, the mecca for bargain shoes hunters. To my surprise, I was able to get the same updated series, Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 for only $126!

A great bargain considering that the retail price was $169 and it was cheaper than the price I paid in 2009.

I purchased it rather promptly at Sports Interlink (#01-07/08/09/10/11/12), smugly thinking to myself that I had beat inflation.

My silly grin promptly disappeared when I dropped by Intersports (#03-11/29/30)... The same pair was selling for $118!!!

Yes, and I knew both of these shops were operated by the same retailer, Sportslink.

Essentially... Same retailer, same shopping centre, same shoes, different shops, different price.

I give up.

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11
US Size 9, Width D

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home