Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Ringing Loss

On 4th August 2007, I was devastated when I realized that I had lost my wallet in New Zealand. The cancellation and reapplying of credit cards, SIM card, apartment card, school access card, EFTPOS cards etc was an absolute nightmare.

Buying a new wallet, waiting for my driving license and credit card to be shipped over from Singapore and coercing the idiotic StudentSafe insurance company to give me some money clogged up my diurnal "To Do List".

But eventually, my life was set back on track when I finally bought a new Quiksilver wallet from the bargain bin.

I never really slip into depression because I manage to convince myself with one line, "At least I did not lose my mobile phone..."

On 1st February 2008, my ultimate nightmare was finally fulfilled.
Yes, damn it.
I had lost my bloody handphone.


1st February 2008: Singapore
On a sleepy Friday morning around 8.30AM to almost 10AM, I attended the 13th National Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme (NUROP) Congress. Just because I had to report this obtuse event for the Ridge Magazine, arguably NUS most popular magazine.

The problem arose when I left for my Financial Accounting tutorial scheduled at 10AM. As I boarded the A1 bus to go from Science to Business Faculty, I knew I would be late.

It didn't help that the bus was stupidly crowded and I have no idea where Conference Room I (CRI) was located in Business School.

When I finally got a seat on the bus, meticulous Kelvin decided to repack his Deuter bag and conveniently placed his handphone on the empty seat to his right.

As the bus turned towards Business faculty, Kelvin began to panic how late he would be. He also blamed on the uninteresting NUROP congress which he had to return after his tutorial.

Kelvin promptly alighted and manage to navigate his way to CRI. By this time, there was a nagging feeling that he had left his other half behind.

As Kelvin got a seat in the executive conference room, he began flipping through his highly-organized clutter-free Deuter bag. But alas! It was nowhere to be found.

I castigated schizophrenic Kelvin, "Yes Kelvin. You have left your dear on the bus seat."

Calmly, he asks his fellow BIE friend to ring his number up, but unfortunately to no avail.

Never mind, Kelvin rationalizes. He could always have a rewarding Financial Accounting tutorial first before finding his hp.

As you can expect, by the time the highly enriching tutorial had ended, it became evident that someone had took the hp and turned it off.

You should have seen how tragic the whole thing had retrogressed into. It was only hours of self-denial and naivety later that reality finally hit Kelvin. At approximately 6PM, he eventually decided to cut off his number.

And that was the end of the 1 year and 1 month relationship with Sony Ericsson w810i.

The last photo I took with it



I ran through some of my older blog entries to see if I had by any chance, manage to capture my dearest on photo.

Then I ran into this:
Okay fine... I didn't really lose my earphones but I lost the bag containing the earphones. But you should understand how freaking paranoid I am now, for my Fujitsu Laptop.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jevon said...

pooor kelvin.. it's ok. be more careful next time! happy CNY anyway. =)

2:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. Be more careful.

11:21 am  
Anonymous Play Free Online Poker said...

This amusing opinion

5:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home