Monday, April 20, 2020

CCB Day −4

Incredibly, it has been almost 7 years since my last post. But hey, what better time to return back to my dusty little blog than during a lockdown (aka 'circuit breaker' 🙄).

By 3 April, I had already been working from home for almost 2 weeks and rumours were spreading like wildfire on Whatsapp about an impending escalation of social distancing measures. And then there was an ominous announcement that PM Lee would be addressing the nation at 4PM.

Basically, any little productivity I had been clocking went out of the window. I had been procrastinating for the longest time but I knew I had to bite the bullet sooner, rather than later.

And my worst fears came true — Gyms were going to be closed for good on 7 April.😱

Those dumbbells rotting in my Lazada cart were finally processed and I placed my order without payment. As I went for my late afternoon run, I concurrently made panicky calls to Sports Elements in Leisure Park Kallang and Velocity to reserve more weights.

Less than 2 hours later, I found myself at Sport Elements calculating the minimum number of plates required and the permutations involved. Who says basic mental sum was not useful in real life?

Price was no longer an issue. That salesgirl could have asked me for a kidney and I would have offered my liver as extra collateral. Nonetheless, my folks, who witnessed my shenanigans, were floored by the final damage... $238.85.

Oh well, as they always say, no pain no gain, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home