Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Blog Whine

8.30AM, 7th June 2006:
I had arrived in school, with a 2.83kg NEC Laptop in my bag and two ridiculously heavy textbooks in a flimsy plastic bag, which threatened to give way everytime my momentum tempted it to swing at its natural frequency.

I sat at my favourite air-conditioned spot, the tables and chairs located at the second level of the EA block at Engineering faculty. As I sat on the bench, I felt immensely proud of myself that I was one of the few (losers) who were studious enough to commence in some real hardcore work.

I decided to reward myself with the simple joys of surfing the internet and checking my email. But alas, my heart when I read that my dear editor had requested me to take a picture of my tutor, who is also due for In Camp Training tomorrow. I needed a digital camera... NOW. If only I checked my 5 email accounts more frequently...*whimper*

But the second bomb would drop on me an hour later, as I was attempting to extricate myself in the world of photosynthesis (the topic for my term paper). An ominous unknown number flashed across the LCD screen of my well-weathered Sony Ericsson phone, vibrating methodically like the chlorophyll molecules in photosystems (ok I know, horrid analogy).

I answered.
"Hello?" A strangely familiar voice was on the other line.
"Hello? Who is this?" I questioned.
"Kelvin! Do you know that you have piano lessons today?"
...

I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. A "length" of a mistake of almost half a country. Amnesic and camera-less, the time had come for me to attend another one of those mindlessly boring lectures. *Whines*
And no, my tutor isn't engaging in extreme neck exercises.
This picture was taken on another day if you're wondering...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home