Monday, December 18, 2006

Twisted

"Getting a Ride Home With Someone You Don't Know"
by Jake Hurwitz and M. Night Shyamalan:


You: This is my stop.
Dad: Not anymore.
You: Excuse me?
Son: We're twins.
You: What? No we're not.
Dad: How do you know?
You: Because I'm already a twin.
Son: I meant triplets.
You: Oh my god it makes so much sense now.
Dad: Also your mother is dead.
You: Dad?
Dad: Welcome home.
Son: I love you both.
(Cop pulls them over)
Cop: You two old enough to drive?
You: Our dad is driving.
Cop: I don't see anybody in this car but you two...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the frak does the conversation mean? I dont get it loh. Anw, r u back or not?

1:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kel always come up with dumb things. like how u label my blog shaz's just? LOL. lameeee!

it's Just Shaz!

and what's with the weird dialogue?

7:55 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Don't get it meh?
It's a conversation between three people: you, your friend and his dad.

Movies by Shyamalan always contains unexpected twists. So here, you are getting a triple dose of it in a random conversation during a ride home.

11:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the 'dad'?
Is Shyamalan trying to tell us that 'you' are actually related to 'your friend'?

So, you have been living with a twin (with no parents) and then this friend of yours pops up with his dad and woohoo, you realise that he's your third brother - your triplet? And his dad is yr biological dad.

Or it is something more abstact?

11:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wat, the Dad is a ghost or sth that only me and my frd can see ah.

9:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then what about the part 'our dad'. Is this dad (ghost or whatever) related to both you and your friend, since it's 'our dad'?

8:41 am  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Oh my goodness, this has gone totally out of control.
Wahahahaha. Don't analyze, it's not meant to make much sense anyway...

1:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home