Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bing!

I have many nicknames in my life, no thanks to my less than common chinese hanyu pinyin name. However, none of them really sticked as long as the most recent one in the past years. ...

Courtesy from some VJC classmates, it has mysteriously stuck and carried onto my NUS Bioengineering course.

But what truly blew me off my feet was that this innocuous nickname is threatening to follow me to New Zealand during my Student Exchange Programme. The first hint was the official acknowledgment letter I received from University of Auckland.
And true enough, when I tried logging onto the university's website, I was greeted by this.

WELCOME BING!

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Win liao.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!
Freakin HILARIOUS lah, Bing-san!

I'm officially changing ur nick to Bing on my hp contact list!

Man, and I was feeling sleepy this morning loh! Totalli awake now!

9:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. One of the best nicks ever.
Thanks to freakingly amused fan, I know what to address you know - Bing-san!

11:38 am  
Blogger Christopher said...

hahahaha! Auckland UNI is really dumb. Kelvin Lim Bing Xuan - why on earth would they choose BING out of the 4 words?

There's still KELVING BING!

11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Christopher, to answer your excellent qn, this is what I think happened:

I think the uni jus totalli ignored Kelvin, and went after the chinese name. Foreign names are name first, surname after rite?

So Kelv kelv wld be Bing Xuan Lim.
And foreigners tend to have middle names, so kelv kelv's 1st name is Bing, middle name is Xuan, and surname is Lim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA.........I still tink it's hilarious lah, even after a freakin long day liao.

And william, Bing is such an UPLIFTING first name that all future references to Bing-san must carry an exclamation mark at the back, i.e.
Bing!
Bing Bing! (similar to Kelv kelv)
Bing-san!
Bing-chan!
Bing-licious!
Bing-ga-ling!
Bing-ga-licious!

My god, it's such a versatile name,
all above versions sound FATABULOUS hoh?

Start picking your favourite one!
Let's torture Bing! a little before he flies off to NZ....to be tortured more!!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

7:27 pm  
Blogger Nakazawa said...

See Bing? We were right! We predicted your nickname perfectly. Haha.

10:26 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

I think I'm suffering an overdose of my name.

Arghhhh. *Indigestion*

1:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Bing!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.....
I'm sorry lah....it's ridiculously funny loh....

My parents were pretty amused too when I told them yest...

12:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe. I thought Usyd was bad when they called me 'Xiu'. But yours suits you so much better.

By the way, Wellington's really cold. I don't imagine Auckland to be much better. Pray that you'll have a good heater in your new accomodation.

4:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home