Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lunging Lunches

It's unbelievable but it's officially over a month since I started my internship at IBN!

At least once a week, lunch would be a long-stretched affair. Compulsorily copious amount of fellowship and gossiping.

Megabites at NUS
Yes. I know it's heresy but we actually took a bus down from Biopolis to Science Fac in NUS.
Well, I'm not complaining though.
Coffee Culture at Biopolis
Surprisingly good and serves teh tarik!

Then last Thursday, to celebrate (can't find a better word... Ha) Kangwen last week, our supervisors treated us to an Indian lunch at Raj!

The cups was arranged in a way to look like a smiley.
Well. At least it's SUPPOSED to...

The curries were great though too mild to water my palate. I particularly loved the one which had a strong nutty (cashew) flavour. That said, I wouldn't recommend the Mango Lassi. It was tasted like commercial mango yoghurt drink.

Of course, after great lunches, the day would not be complete with slacking at a pantry.

Nope, it wasn't just the usual scenic pantry I posted before, but one which came with a coffee machine!
Me happily steaming my milk.
And it's big.
And if lunch was a disappointment, why not throw in more snacks!
Complete with bean bags to sleep in (or camwhore)...
Okay, enough about my internship at IBN.


On 12th June, I dined at one of the most atas place I've ever been in Singapore. (At least without the financial support of my parents...)

North Border Bar & Grill
Located at Rochester Park, opposite Biopolis, it serves American Southwest Cuisine.
While initial plans were to dine at lush One Rochester, it was unfortunately packed... On a Thursday Night!
While the website of North Border looked little clumsy (http://www.northborder.com.sg/), the food served certainly blew me away.

Lamb Chops with Mojito
From the modest-looking vegetables to the mash potatoes to the succulent medium-rare lamb to the sauce... it felt meticulously prepared with the sides complementing the main very well.
My only qualm was that the lamb could be slightly less chewy (read: fatty). Other than that, it was arguably one of the best dinners (and most expensive) I had this year.

Yet, after all the above feasting, people have commented that I looked like I've lost some weight...
Hmmm...

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger eisen said...

You people look like you're on a holiday sia, not an internship

10:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelvinlicious!

The GERMAN HUNK is quite cute with his floppy fringe! Hahahahahha

Man, the chicken at North Border was really memorable leh, though I did get a minor rash on my neck and chest the nxt day due to the crab. But the point being I couldn't taste the crab at all.

Rem we went to that Italian place with Juan? Man, the crabcakes suck! I thought the crabs used must have died a very long time liao. Heh.

Are we hanging this Sat? I vote for Indian food! Or Korean food! Or Jap ramen at Central! HAHAHHAHAHA

11:12 am  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Where got...
it's called taking a short break after slugging out at the labs and engaging in cutting edge research.

Heh.

And fan... Stick to CH, don't stalk the angmoh hoh.

11:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home