Monday, September 21, 2009

Premature Promotion

Taking a brief respite from my innervating irritating interview blog entries, I've decided to spill the beans on something I've been busy with.

Yes, in the past couple of months, friends and foes have speculated that I was slacking around during my job hunting season. But in actuality, the truth couldn't be further from that.

I have been deep in research, furthering my studies in secret.

In fact, I have become the first NUS student to complete his postgraduate studies within 2 months!

As one of the youngest researchers in NUS, I am currently in the midst of setting up my own research group.

All interested candidates, please email me your CVs/resumes and "statement of purpose", like this young man from India has.


Subject Header: Research Guidance

To

Dr. Kelvin *. *. Lim

Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research
Department of Biological Sciences
Faculty of Science
National University of Singapore
14 Science Drive 4
Singapore - 117543


Sir,

I am R. S****** from Hyd******, India. I am writing this mail regarding the opportunity to gain research experience in your lab.

My main interests lie in population dynamics and sexual selections. I have just completed my field research project titled "Selection of the egg attachment sites by the Indian Golden Gecko Calodactylodes aureus" and currently working on its manuscript. In the past, I have worked on several short projects on reptiles and birds.

I would like to improve my skills under your guidance as a research student/volunteer. I am aware of the dedication and hard work that is expected on my part while working under you and I assure that given a chance I would strive to reach your expectations.

Please find the attached documents (resume and statement of purpose).

Thanking You

Sincerely
--
R. S******
Flat No. ***
S****** S***** Apartments
E********* Colony
Hyd****** *** ***
Andhra Pradesh, India.
***********@gmail.com
Mobile no.- +91 ***** *****

"Experience should be counted not in years but in frequency of action"

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nakazawa said...

The *.*. for Kelvin *.*. Lim is B.X. or K.P.?

8:12 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Haha.
Bingo!

Anyway, I've been promoted again today. Some medical student has recognized me as a Professor.

6:09 pm  
Blogger Guang~ said...

Dr Kelvin!
Wow~ is it because of your FYP thesis that they found your name?

5:06 pm  
Anonymous Sandip said...

Dr Bing! Haha.... I got the same email too! Some more in my resume (formal) email address! Haha.. wonder how he even found it! sheesh!

9:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home