Friday, October 20, 2006

Strange Things Do Happen

And just when I thought that Silentkimbly couldn't be lamer (pun intended) than that...

Anyway, does anyone recall the infamous NUS Love Story?
3 years ago, with the help of a very sporting lecturer (Victor Tan), one really desperate guy studying Life Science crashed a Mathematics lecture to propose to a girl he liked. And thanks to the sheer number of students viewing the webcast (aka online lecture) , the NUS server apparently crashed, or so I heard.

What made the incident even more traumatizing for the girl was that she didn't really know of his existence. Not surprisingly, she rejected his proposal.

I never managed to watch it... Not until now.

9 Comments:

Blogger Xiu Juan said...

ok. This is the ultimate proof that life in NUS is infinitely more happening.

Why is the video so short?!

How could anyone from that lecture theatre bear to leave?!

3:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... they left and she gave him a piece of her mind I hear... I have a fren in Mech Engine who knows her...

1:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD. I heard about it but I never knew it was really true until now. Wah seh man. This guy has balls. Loads of it. My condolences go out to that girl.

Maybe we should track them down and interview them for The Ridge... haha...

2:54 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Haha. This is probably the ONLY happening thing that occured in NUS. And yea, I must find the longer version which reveal the aftermath. Wahahaha.

Yah, I also heard she wasn't too happy about it. (And I think she's still unattached. Heh.)

12:03 am  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Interview them for the Ridge?!
I doubt they would want the old wounds (or should I say scars) to be torn open. Again.

12:07 am  
Blogger Adrian Pang Jia Hui said...

Victor's the man. Whatever the case, he has got guts to do it. But I feel sorry for the girl.

7:29 pm  
Blogger Adrian Pang Jia Hui said...

Btw, YouTube REALLY has EVERYTHING.

7:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kelvin I don't know how else to contact you besides the blog. Are you interested in touring (self guided) gunkajima in the near future ? (1-3 years). please respond.

12:31 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

You mean that abandoned Japanese island? If I could, I would DEFINITELY want go!

Oh, you can send me messages by MSN, even when I'm offline.

10:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home