Friday, July 06, 2007

Agad Auck

Thanks to all who saw me off yesterday. Your efforts and gifts were very very much appreciated.
So, it was off to the City of the Sails via a transit flight from Sydney. But irritatingly, we were forced to drop by Adelaide first before going to Sydney.
Not unexpectedly, there was a delay at Sydney Airport. Sigh...
So by the time I reached Auckland...
... it was already dark. All my excitement of exploring the city was washed away by a chilly downpour.
Of course, the bigger surprise was when I checked into my twin room in YMCA hostel.
I could almost swear that my room was more spartan than my army bunk previously. And as if to drive me up the wall, there was apparently no heater provided! Aargghhh.

Sadly, my mini-adventure around the surrounding area brought me to this dubious Asian food court that served Malaysian, Japanese, Thai etc. cuisine.
I settled for Thai food prepared by Muslim cooks.
My spicy Phad Thai which cost me NZD8.00 (abt S$9.60).
I pray and hope that tomorrow morning will herald a better start, assuming I don't die of hypothermia tonight. :(

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelv!!!!!

Ewwwwwww......the bedsheets in your YMCA hostel looks like they haven been washed in the longest time loh.

6:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

We jus saw the National Day fireworks display from the 16th floor!!!!!

So cool, and what a FANTASTIC view we had!

We jus caught them practising the fireworks at 8.15pm.

Too bad CH isn't here...hahahhahah

8:23 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

KELVING BING! Too expensive to reply to my SMS ???

If there isn't a heater, is there a fan in your hostel room?

So fast miss Asian food already? hahaha

10:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pad thai is so ex! Eeks. No heater! Just make do with it till u get yr hostel! Hope u have fun at the orientation!

9:38 am  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Yeah, the cheapest food around is actually Subway. But the Singaporeans here have found out that foodcourt food can be cheap if you order the normally humongous portions, and then split between two people.

Voila! One meal = $8/2 = $4!

5:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home