Thursday, September 20, 2007

Moooosic

Despite spending two years mugging in NUS, I regret to say that I have never attended any concerts at Yong Siew Toh School of Conservatory. Not even the weekly piano recitals or various masterclasses...Thus, now that I'm temporarily free from the claustrophobic education system, I knew I just couldn't miss the opportunity to watch local students studying in the School of Music perform.

The humble-looking School of Music
With thickened skin, I took the liberty to whip out my Canon camera and recorded a sizeable chunk of the concert.

Friday Lunchtime Concert
Time: 1.05pm - 1.55pm
Date: Friday 14 September
Venue: Music Theatre, 6 Symonds Street

The Programme

  • Yi Su - harp (Masters) plays
    Introduction, Cadenza & Rondo by Elias Parish Alvars



  • Melody Lin - flute (Doctoral) with Yi Jin - harp (Masters) play
    Takahe for flute & harp by Gareth Farr



  • Campbell Bettridge - accordion (stage 3) plays
    Italian Concerto, III Presto by J S Bach



  • and The Speeding Train Chinese Traditional Folk Song [Not Recorded]


  • Ludwig Treviranus - piano (Masters) plays Beethoven's Waldstein Sonata Op. 53, 1st movement [Not Recorded]


  • The Cordelia Flute Quartet: Agnes Harmath (Doctoral), Melody Lin (Doctoral), Elisabeth Gottstein (exchange student), Jasmine Sun (graduate) plays
    Jour D'été a la Montagne by E Bozza

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holla fatabulicious Kelv Bing! Bingalicious Kelv!!!!

OMG, u say to send you some pre-mixes from Prima Deli rite? Apparently the only outlet in the East is at Simei. I will try to send ASAP, since tml is Sat liao!

Juan juan and me r gg to spend some quality time 2gether tml and do some stuff. My to-do list:

1. Go eat the fatabulous Aglio Olio at Bakerzin.

2. Gorge ourselves with fatabulous desserts!

3. Buy the Bakerzin mooncakes.

4. Go Taka and buy more mooncakes.

5. Watch movie, either Joshua (about a murderous little boy)

OR

Savage Grace
(INCESTUOUS RELATIONS ALERT!!!! Mumsy dearest and son shares bisexual lover. Mum moves in on son, son goes mad and kills her!!!! Based on a true story somemore!!!!)

Oh yah, NZ dont allow snow skin mooncakes to be sent in ah. Sorrie!
I'll try to see if I can send anything else then!

Anw, good news for me, my investments just went up like 3.9%, per my financial adviser! And that's only in the 1st mth, cos I only started in late July.

And and and GUESS WHAT!!!!! I'm on a freakin IPO job. Woohoo!!!

If the company is making freakinglicious profits, I'll tell u ok, then u can buy. Finally, finally, I know some insider info!

And Banyan Tree Hldgs are not making $$$ and the audit is a freakin nightmare lah.

And ur BDAY is coming up!!!!! So exciting!!!

Haahahhahahaha

6:04 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Wah. Your life also very happening huh... It seems to me that XJ is dying from her underpaid job, and you're still as hyper as ever.

Ha. Anyway, I think the premixes would cost a bomb to send over. On second thoughts, you might as well save the money and not send...

12:40 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Oh. And I don't think it's wise you should be proclaiming to the world about your "insider information". Heh.

12:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home