Sunday, July 06, 2008

Contentious Contests

People who know me well enough would readily agree that I'm really a sweh buangz (unlucky) at times. Just a couple of hours ago, I manage to set a mini-record in my short mahjong playing history for not winning a game in more than two "winds".

Thus, participating in contests of sorts nowadays and have become more of a calculated art than a mere "lucky draw".

And it is working so far.

It all started out with an innocuous attempt to URBAN, a weekly pull-out from Straits Times. Because URBAN was dishing out a bonanza of prizes that week, I rationalized that my chances of winning would be pretty darn high.

And uncannily, I was soon "richer" with $20 Esprit Voucher.
After my student exchange programme in New Zealand, my interest in wines was more than piqued. So after submitting in to Sunday Times a cringe-worthy entry raving about Hungarian Tokaji wines(of which I've never even tasted before)...

Tada!
Oremus Tokaji Aszu, 3 Puttonyos, 2000

Of course, other than trying out contests on Straits Times, radio was another viable route.

Anyone who tried entering draws and such in popular radio stations would know it can be really frustrating and mostly a waste of time. So it would certainly not be too surprising to get my first CD prize from Symphony 92.4 .

The Best of The 3 Tenors by
Luciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo, Jose Carerras
Okay fine. I'm don't really listen to tenors belting out in unbridled vibrato but hey, it was free! Just a call into the radio hotline, and the female dj (can't remember who) hurried me to give my personal details.

If only other girls would show the same passion to me. :p

But since I hardly listen to Symphony, my biggest source of prizes have to be from LUSH 99.5 .

It had given me free access and free flow of drinks to countless parties. But thanks to people pangseh-ing me, I only enjoyed attended two events.

Café del Mar * Singapore
Loof, A Rooftop Bar at Odeon Towers

It's so freaking simple to win prizes, I feel almost guilty winning those email contests.

$100 Fat Face Shopping Voucher

My latest addition to my prize collection was on Thursday. Another quick email to LUSH and one more CD mailed to my house.

Verve Remixed 4

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KELVIN LIM!
i wanna taste some of that hungarian wine! (ohh and do check out China Wine by Sun HO on youtube.. can get quite disturbing)
and ohh yar.. i heard about the CD thing while listening to Lush.. but i didn't quite believe it, so i didn't email in.. ohh sad... ... btw, can i borrow it from u? or can u rip and burn a copy for me? i do believe Lush has selected the best of songs to be included in that collection this season.. its jus simple so LUSH!!! LLLLuuuusssshhhhhh!

11:00 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

NOooo. I'm not hungry for any China Wine. *vomit*

Ha. Since you LUSH so much, you should participate in the contest. Pretty darn easy to win... LUSHHHHHH...

9:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Didn't your winnings increase your repertoire of sales goods on Yahoo! auctions?

And didn't LoLlIpOp asked more than just your personal details a few weeks back?

Wahaha. Sorry. Couldn't help it. I was driven by an overwhleming righteousness.

10:24 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Wat lollipop?

...
...

12:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luuuush!!!

4:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, wat about Lollipop?
Haven heard from her in a while!

Lush 99.5?
Haiz, I have fond memories of it. It has accompanied me on many a long taxi journey home in the wee hours of the morning.

Anw, I changed the lyrics to the following song for you and dedicate it to you and Lollipop!

Artist: Chordettes
Song: Chocolate bar (aka Lollipop)

Chocolate bar, Chocolate bar
Oh Cadbury chocolate bar
Chocolate bar, Chocolate bar.....

Call my baby Chocolate bar
Tell you why
His kiss is sweeter than an apple pie
And when he does his shaky rockin' dance
Man, I haven't got a chance

I call him
Chocolate bar, Chocolate bar
Oh Cadbury chocolate bar
Chocolate bar, Chocolate bar.....

Sweeter than candy on a stick
Huckleberry, chimry or lime
If you had a choice
He'd be your pick
But chocolate bar is mine

Chocolate bar, Chocolate bar
Oh Cadbury chocolate bar
Chocolate bar, Chocolate bar.....

Crazy way he thrills me
Tell you why
Just like a lightning from the sky
He loves to kiss me till I can't see straight
GEE, MY CHOCOLATE BAR IS GREAT

I call him
Chocolate bar, Chocolate bar
Oh Cadbury chocolate bar
Chocolate bar, Chocolate bar.....

*MUAH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA*

1:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh hello? r u writing all these to spite me! n i lush so often how come i only hear trance no lucky draws.

11:27 pm  
Blogger Kelvin Lim said...

Haha. You must listen in the evenings. Chris Ho will sometimes give out some stuff once in a while.

9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home